The electrical engineer will design, develop, configure, and implement complex control strategies, applications and equipment. They will successfully integrate them with existing systems within the distribution center. This includes collecting data via observations, systems, and working with operations and other groups within the organization. Through their knowledge of electrical automation systems, AutoCAD, MS Office applications, and material handling equipment, they will provide automation solutions to specific problems that face the organization in a timely manner.
During their analysis, some travel may be required to various business units to collect data and present findings. Presentations are frequently made to senior management as well as to hourly employees. In addition to the above, the Electrical Engineer position may perform the following:
• Provide electrical design, analysis and support to operations
• Implement and maintain Allen Bradley PLC hardware and software.
• Work with cross-functional teams
• Work with engineering department on major operations improvement initiatives providing project management as needed
• Perform electrical / electronic equipment selection, justification and implementation
• Coordinate and support the electrical portion of automation projects.
• Lead troubleshooting efforts to resolve more difficult equipment and operational problems.
• Write technical documentation and equipment qualifications that comply with requirements for design and control.
• Work on new electrical construction and remodeling activities as needed
• Create and maintain systems and equipment installation specification documents.
• Conceive, evaluate and make recommendations for automating equipment and process improvement within our distribution environment.
• Improve Team Member safety through design enhancements. Ensure all installations follow company safety guidelines.
• B. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree. Previous experience considered.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with and installing AB PLC platform
• Experience with PLC programming/logic and HMI’s
• Proficient in AutoCAD and electrical print creation and modification.
• Willingness to travel 10% of the time