Engineering Applications Programmer
Posted Jul 26, 2012
The Glennon Group
Saint Joseph, MO
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Saint Joseph, MO apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Saint Joseph, MO.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Create and modify computer programs for engineering applications that improve efficiencies, enhance productivity and manage data to support engineering functions. Create programs and documentation to solve an immediate or long term need while considering impacts and applications.
• Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program; conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
• Write, update, and maintain computer programs, database systems or software packages, web applications to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements using workflow charts, diagrams and symbolic logic.
• Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
• Maintain and control the use of computer systems software.
• Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
• Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
• Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
• Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
• Train new staff in programming and program coding, as well as end user training.
• Collaborate with others to provide informal training involving new applications and systems.
• Implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Support interaction between 3D/2D modeling or drawing programs and other systems.
• Write application programs specific to the engineering/technician duties.
• Maintain databases of specific programs and systems.
Prefer a four year degree in engineering or computer sciences. May consider and Associates with a minimum of 3 years' work experience. Need to come from an Engineering Software role...AutoCad, Pro-E, Solidworks, Catia, and understand what Design Software does.