SR Electrical Engineer
Posted Aug 01, 2017
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Saint Louis, MO apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Saint Louis, MO.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
SR Electrical Engineer
Scope of Role: Design and develop new products to maintain competitive and technological advantage over a group of products, as well as enhance core product offering.
• Design and develop new products and sustaining product platforms
• Experience in all phases of product developments: from concept to release
• Identify the engineering design of the customer’s application; design cost effective electrical configurations for the product.
• Determine parts electrical characteristics needed to build the product.
• Design/select electrical/electronic hardware for the product (microprocessor, pc boards, etc. Designs may be new or modifications to existing)
• Generate documentation package required to build the product (schematics, bill of materials, assembly drawings, and coversheets); provide ‘marked up’ drawings to electrical draftsmen to complete the detail drawings. Supervise completion of the documentation and manage the project.
• Write/update hardware manuals and specification sheets.
• Provide technical support to sales, engineering, inventory control, production, testing and management.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work with software group to assure correct development of firmware/software.
• May generate mechanical designs, as needed, to keep project moving.
• Evaluate new products and components with suppliers
• Research new circuit designs, material cost reductions, and electrical methods.
• Team player as well as leader
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Spirit of innovation to improve work procedures
• Practical approach
• Capable of providing plans for solving complex problems
Preferable MS in Electrical Engineering, but BS is acceptable with relevant experience
• Industrial Electronics Manufacturing
• Power Electronics
• AC/DC, DC/DC with SCRs, FETs, IGBTs
• Linear regulators
• Analog Electronics
• Digital electronics (DSP, PLD) including control firmware
• EMC and safety regulations
• Thermal Design & Packaging
• Schematic and PCB layout tools (CAD or similar)
• Circuit simulation (SPICE or similar)
• Modeling and Control Theory of electronic systems
• Assembly programming for TI DSP and microcontrollers, preferred